Question about 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Cranks but no fuel pump is new
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I assume the fuel pump fuse is good?
The only time voltage will be sent to the fuel pump will be the first 2 to 3 seconds if the starter is not engaged. You will want to crank the engine over and check for voltage on the load side of the relay, circuit #30 at the relay.
Let me know after you check.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
fuel sending unit is in the tank. this is normal after about 75k miles and up. pump and sending unit are sold together. fuel sloshes from front to rear making the float on the sender rise and fall.
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
before you drop tank again, check fuses & relay.then disconnect fuel line @ filter turn key to on position should hear fuel pump run and get gas stream out of line. if no flow from line new pump faulty be sure & remove negative battery cable first good luck.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Well first you can please follow the below steps -
1. Make sure the ignition key is in the off position and the headlight switch is off. Release the hood latch.
2. Open the hood and locate the top of the headlight assembly where you intend to change the headlight. If a plastic shroud is present, locate the center bolt and remove it with a ratchet and a socket. Lift the shroud out of the way to access the headlight assembly retaining brackets. Some later models may feature a snap-release shroud requiring no tools to remove.
3. Locate the brackets on the top rear of each side of the headlight assembly. Lift them all the way up to align the hole on the bottom of each bracket to the retaining tabs on the assembly.
4. Pull the assembly forward away from the Malibu, but be careful not to scratch the bumper. There are three guide pins that require unseating. The guide pins are what aim the headlights and it may take some wiggling to get the pins from their seats.
5. Support the assembly with one hand and then reach behind the unit with the other. The low beam bulb is on the outside, the high beam bulb is on the inside. You can also replace the parking light if desired. Locate the wire harness connection. Un-clip the wire harness from the back of the bulb socket. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn to align the release tabs of the ring and the assembly. Wiggle the bulb out of the assembly.
6. Place the latex gloves on your hands before opening the package of the replacement bulb. Oil in our skin can damage the glass bulbs of halogen headlights.
7. Carefully insert the new bulb into the ring and then align the tabs of the ring to the tabs of the headlight assembly. Push inward and then twist clockwise 1/3 of a turn to lock the bulb in place. Reattach the wire harness. Rest the headlight assembly inside its cavity and test the operation of the headlight before securing the headlight assembly in place. Be sure to turn the lights and ignition back off.
8. Align the three guide pins to their seats and push the assembly back into them gently until they snap into place. Replace the retaining brackets by pushing them downward to lock into place. Replace shroud, if applicable. Remove the tools and old bulb and close the hood. Post comments for further help or information......
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2017 | 2008 Chevrolet Express
May 30, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 14, 2015 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 13, 2014 | 1998 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 29, 2013 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
Jan 31, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 14, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 31, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!