Question about 2007 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson
I was playing in the mud a month ago and the engine started to act wierd ,the display on the truck said "ENGINE FAILSAFE MODE" i got it out of the mud and drove it home, the next morning i turned it on and it was smoking black smoke ,took it to a mechanic and installed a computer to it and said it was showing that the map and maf sensor were bad , opened the air filter box and it was full of mud ,i took all the plastic off the intake and cleaned it and also replaced the air filter,noticed that some water did go in the throttle body,anyhow i install everything back and it still was doing the same thing, ordered a jet performance maf sensor ,installed it and clean the map sensor tried it and the same thing, changed the oil,spark plugs and worked for about 3 days but sluggish and now it dont start at all ,checked with another mechanic to see if it would read any other codes but nothing comes up and now the truck dont start, what could be wrong with it?
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the intakes go bad on these engines....... they leak coolant in the cylinders and cause a hydro lock that causes the rods to bend making the piston skirt hit the crank......" clicking noise" theres a law suit in progress for this issue......... you can find info on the internet
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
check to see if the ground wire from the battery to the engine is tight if the cable is loose it will cause the injectors to flood the egine
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
i have the same unit 2006 4x4 f150 lariat 5.4 when down 1 liter of oil it will sometimes shut off when restarted it will go into fail safe mode,restat again and it will move.very supprising when it shuts off
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
Have you tried WD-40 in the door latch ? Some times the contacts in the door latch get gummed up, and the door switch stops working. A good soaking on the door latch, and close / open a few times and another soaking of WD-40 usually does the trick with the door latch switch.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
Did you have the recall done ?
recall 05S28. Description: Speed Control Deactivation Switch.
Is this the fuse you are talking about ( the recall harness has an inline fuse in it ) ?
- If it is, how did you test this ?
Did you run the CC self test ?
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
- 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
- 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
- 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
Please post back the answers as a comment to this problem.
Posted on Nov 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 16, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2015 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Dec 14, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 15, 2012 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2012 | 2007 Ford Super Duty King Ranch
Jun 15, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2010 | 2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
Jan 09, 2009 | 2007 Ford Super Duty King Ranch
341 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: