Question about Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
The antenna of my Mitsubishi Space Star broke off at the antenna base. How do I replace the antenna base? Is it true that I have to remove the car ceiling in order to get to the nut of the antenna base screw? Is there a step by step solution for the disassembly of the car ceiling?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: how to replace hood star?
it is very easy, open hood, locate hood ornament,with a pair of pliers
twist of to the left like if you were unscrewing a screw,and vise versa
when installing new one.
ABOVE IS A FUKIN LYE. IF YOU DO THIS YOU R DAMNAG YOU CAR FOR GOOD AND NEVER FIX IT. THE ONLY WAY DOING THIS IS BUY MY CD ON ELECTRONIC BAY (EBAY) AND YO U SEING HOW MY PROFESSION DO IT YOU EBAY FOR BENZ ORNAMENT AND YO U BY MY CD OR ELSE YOU NEVER DO IT GOOD
I believe the original answer is correct. That being said, who the hell would take advice from the ignorant, obscene, can't spell or write English person who replied who is trying to sell something on eBay. Absurd!
Actually, the ignorant nut case with the obscene language who cannot spell or write English is partly correct; you must compress the outer shell with the pliers (preferably channel-locks) and turn it 1/4 turn counter-clockwise (to the left) so that the outer shell lines up with the release cuts in the hole in the grill. Once the shell is lined up properly, the ornament will slide straight out the top. Be careful that you guard against sending the old ornament mount out the top and over and down your nice Mercedes hood; that could cost you some cash to buff out the scratches! As for buying the nut case's CD, I'll leave that up to you.
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
SOURCE: How do I replace tailgate handle
I just finished replacing mine. It took about an hour. Here's my step by step.
1. take off the two outside bolts on the inside of the tailgate behind the handle.
2. Now gently pull off the cladding around the latch. It is still held on by two christmas tree style holders.
3. Tie some long ropes to each of the two rods that the handle pulls together. You don't want them getting away from you.
4. Now free the rods from the plastic clamps. This is the point of no return. Mine would not go back together. A small screw driver shoved in from the end along the seam will pop them easily.
5. Now remove the remaining 3 T40 bolts on the back of the tailgate.
6. The handle assembly is now free to come out. Hold on to it as you lift the tailgate back up. Don't shut the tailgate all the way.
7. Work the old handle out. I did not take any of the cladding off. It took about five minutes of gentle manipulations to get it out. I did have to pull on the metal tongue that comes up right in front of it.
8. Pop the replacement plastic clamps into their corrent places in the new handle. Hinge side down. Don't fasten them.
9. Put the new handle in the same way you took the old one out.
10. Attach with the 3 T40 bolts. Dont fully tighten, just snug. I would recommend some blue loctite as well.
11. Now shut the tailgate so that it latches. Place the pull rods in the plastic clamps and fasten them. Don't pull on the rods, just put them in the clamps.
12. Your door should work now. Try it a couple of times. Pull on both sides of the tailgate to make sure each is held tight. If so, tighten up all the bolts, put the cladding on, and your done.
13. If your door won't latch, the rods are being pulled together too much. Undue the plastic clamps, push the rods apart and reset them in the clamps.
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
SOURCE: Tacoma radio antenna
Use an antenna wrench to remove the chrome nut (I found a wrench on JC Whitney's website). Once the nut's removed, do the following (copied from the factory service manual):
REMOVE ANTENNA ROD
(a) Turn the ignition switch to ”LOCK” position.
(b) Press the ”AM, FM” buttons on the radio receiver, and simultaneously
turn the ignition switch to ”ACC” position.
The rod will extend fully and be released form the motor
After removing the antenna rod, leave the ignition switch
on ”ACC” position.
To prevent body damage when the antenna rod is released,
hold the rod while it comes out.
2. Auto Antenna Models:
INSTALL ANTENNA ROD
(a) Insert the cable of the rod until it reaches the bottom.
When inserting the cable, the teeth on the cable must face
toward the rear of the vehicle.
Insert the antenna approx. 300 mm (11.8 in.).
(b) Wind the cable to retract the rod by turning the ignition
switch to ”LOCK” position.
If the ignition switch is already in ”LOCK” position, do step
1 (c) first, then turn the ignition switch to ”ACC” position.
In case the cable is not wound, twist it, as shown in the
Even if the rod has not retracted fully, install the antenna
nut and inspect the antenna rod operation. It will finally retract
(c) Inspect the antenna rod operation by pressing the radio
wave band select buttons.
You can buy a new power mast online (ex. Discount Toyota Parts) for about $30.
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2016 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2011 | 2001 Mitsubishi Galant
Nov 20, 2009 | 2006 Mitsubishi Colt
Jul 09, 2009 | 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Mar 11, 2009 | 2006 Mitsubishi Colt
Jan 21, 2009 | 2005 Ford Focus
Jan 10, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Dec 17, 2008 | 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage
Jul 25, 2008 | 2006 Mitsubishi Colt
Jul 21, 2008 | 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!