Question about 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis
I have Found this to be True and To Apply No Start Condision Also IF this Helps YOU Help ME and
And RATE ME Please and Have a Good DAY !!
Article No. 86-4-20
STALL - WHILE DRIVING - CFI 5.0L EEC IV(if applies)- LOW FUEL PRESSURE
HESITATION ACCELERATION EEC IV(if applies) - LOW FUEL PRESSURE
FORD 1980-85 CROWN VICTORIA
LINCOLN-MERCURY 1980-85 GRAND MARQUIS, LINCOLN
Poor vehicle performance, (especially during hot weather) may be due to insufficient voltage at the high pressure (in tank) fuel pump. The condition may be corrected by changing the fuel filter and installing a jumper wire to bypass the pump resistor.
1. Locate the fuel pump inertia switch (Sedan: the switch is on the trunk hinge - Station wagon: the switch is at the rear of the vehicle in the passenger compartment).
2. Set a voltmeter, Rotunda Number 014-00407, to read 15 volts or more. Connect the voltmeter between vehicle ground and either side of the inertia switch. (If the vehicle does not run, make sure the inertia switch is not open.)
3. Start and run the vehicle in PARK position and read the voltage.
4. If voltage is below 8.5 volts, change the system fuel filter (located under the vehicle on the vehicle right side just in front of the rear wheel well on a crossmember), and recheck the voltage.
5. If the voltage remains below 8.5 volts, install an overlay wiring harness to increase the voltage above 8.5 volts.
6. Install the overlay wiring harness by attaching the large ring terminal to the battery terminal of the starter relay. Remove the connector from the "I" terminal of the starter relay and insert the male pin of the overlay harness into the connector. Install the female connector from the overlay harness onto the "I" terminal. Tape or install the overlay harness into the existing wiring harness bundle.
7. Start the vehicle, recheck voltage and recheck vehicle for proper operation.
PART NUMBER PART NAME CLASS
E6AZ-9A350-A Wire Fuel Pump Overlay C
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: None WARRANTY STATUS: Reimbursable within the provisions of the Warranty and Policy Manual. OPERATION: SP9350A86 - Check only. TIME: 0.4 Hr. - Station wagon 0.3 Hr. - Sedan OPERATION: SP9350B86 - Extra time to change filter. TIME: 0.5 Hr. OPERATION: SP9350C86 - Extra time to install harness. TIME: 0.3 Hr. DLR. CODING: Basic Part No. DRIVE - Code: P1, P2, P4
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Jan 23, 2013 | Mercedes-Benz E320 Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 12, 2011 | 1991 Chevrolet Camaro
Jul 31, 2011 | 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Jul 11, 2009 | 2002 Hyundai Accent
Nov 28, 2008 | 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jun 11, 2008 | 1991 Mercury Capri
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: