My 2006 Hyundai sonata reading on a code reader P2118, P2119, P2110
P2118 - Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) system is made of the components throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor(TPS)1&2 and Accelerator Position Sensor(APS) 1&2. The throttle body contains the actuator, the throttle plate and the throttle position sensor (potentiometer), which are integrated in one housing. The actuator consists of a DC motor with a two-stage gear. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. And it provides feedback to the ECM to control the throttle motor in order to control the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to the driving condition.
P2119 - associated
P2110 - A bulletin provides the procedure to clean the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
throttle body of Theta-2.0L/2.4L engine equipped vehicles. If a vehicle exhibits the
condition(s) listed below and deposits are found at the valve-to-bore interface inside the
ETC throttle body, clean the throttle body using the procedure described in this bulletin.
This throttle body cleaning procedure should be performed when diagnosing
the conditions listed below. Do not replace the throttle body prior to performing
Any of the following conditions may be caused by throttle body deposits:
• No start (due to throttle valve stuck closed or air flow signifcantly restricted)
• Rough idle or fluctuating engine speed at idle (due to air flow restriction)
• MIL "On" with DTC P2118 or P2119 occurring along with P2110:
• P2118: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance
• P2119: Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance
• P2110: Throttle Actuator Control System-Forced Limited Power
It seems CLEAR you have a STICKING butterfly plate in the throttle body.
Mar 24, 2011 |
2006 Hyundai Sonata