Question about 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
How do I fix an error Meassage on my 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it could possible be your fuel pump. If your fuel filter is going bad that want stop it from starting. I have a 2002 alero. I done have both fuel pump and fuel filter go bad. so i have a little experience with them.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
IF YOU CHANGE RADIO.BY IT BEING PROGRAM TO PCM.YOU PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE STARTING PROBLEMS.THE THEFT MODE KICK IN.PCM WILL NOT RECOGNIZE NEW RADIO.THE PCM WILL NOT LET CAR CRANK.IT THINKS IT THEFT.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
take it out ,read the radio chassis number and post on here so one of us can use a computer code generator to find the pin number
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
you turn the ignition to acc or on and use the hour and min buttons to enter the 4 digit code if you are not the original owner it may be written down in the owners maual. if it is not written down it is possible a code was not assigned in this case it will be all 0's and you just need to push the power knob. if it says sec. then you have successfully unlocked the radio if not you will need to go to the dealership so they can unlock it. or you can try this
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2016 | Oldsmobile Cars & Trucks
Dec 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 19, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Nov 14, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Oct 03, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Aug 23, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: