Question about Chevrolet Blazer
My 98 chevy blazer v6 vortex stalled out in deep water.drained out and replaced all fluids n filters,replaced spark plugs,now will start up run a couple seconds then dies.pressing gas pedial seems to have no effect.fuel pump is working but seems to run along time. will stay running if gas is manually feed in to intake..
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try to do the crank relearn:
Ensure that your battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn procedure. Do not leave any battery charger or jumper cables attached to the battery. Close the hood completely. Some applications require that the doors remain closed during the procedure.
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start).
Allow the key to return to the all position (same as if the vehicle would have started). The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
2. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns oft) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt tostart the vehicle. The vehicle should start on this cycle.
3. Once the vehicle is running, the password relearn is complete.
00 + S10
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Thank you for using fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your jimmy running 100%
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 14, 2013 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 27, 2013 | 1998 Chevrolet Blazer
Jan 15, 2013 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jan 08, 2013 | 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Jun 24, 2012 | 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Mar 11, 2017 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Jun 21, 2009 | 1988 Chevrolet S-10
Aug 22, 2017 | 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: