Question about Cars & Trucks
I have a locked radio 2004 Chevy express van plain am / fm , unable to bring up the first set of codes, followed the correct method from dealer, still nothing so I put another stock radio from salvage yard and the same problem. Thanks Mike
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try these...the same thing happened to me last year and I found these. Mine was 3346; good luck.
1156, 1165, 1325, 2145, 2151, 2152,
2253, 2346, 2453, 2654, 3116, 3221,
3241, 3251, 3265, 3346, 3451, 3462,
4136, 4314, 4316, 4362, 4513, 4524,
4853, 5241, 5253, 5312, 5436, 5445,
5624, 5813, 6361, 6451, 6645, 8253
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
Radios in the 2004 Impalas are tied to the vehicle's VIN through the computer, so it may be somewhat difficult to get the code. However, the following steps should work:
1. Press and hold the buttons for presets 1 & 4 (may be 2 & 3). The word "SEC" should show.
2. Press the "MIN" button. "000" should be displayed.
3. Press the "MIN" button again to have the second two numbers appear. Record these numbers.
4. Press the "HR" button for the first two numbers to appear. Record these numbers. -- Note: Your number sequence should be the numbers from the "HR" button followed by the numbers from the "MIN" button.
5. Call 1-800-537-5140. This will get you to the GM unlock code automated line. Ignore the prompt and enter "202108#". Next enter your code (remember, HR then MIN) followed by the * key. For example, 1234*. A 3 or 4 digit code will be given to you. If you get a code such as 0532, drop the zero when entering it into your radio.
6. Enter the code into the radio IAW the applicable manual.
Posted on May 30, 2008
When your vehicle says : unknown driver, instead of Driver 1 or driver 2, you have had your battery totally dead. so dead that all the programming was lost, the part about not staying started, or not going into gear is a bit baffling, unless your alternator is the real problem, and the battery has just enough charge to barely start your truck, and may need to be fully charged first and stay running . You will need to do remote and seat reprogramming, when you get this figured out
Posted on Dec 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet Impala
Nov 23, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2000 Pontiac Montana
Dec 10, 2012 | 2008 Chevrolet Uplander
Dec 29, 2010 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Nov 14, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Oct 27, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Express
Jul 27, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
Sep 27, 2008 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
896 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!