Question about 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
How do you change bulb inside gear selector
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PT Cruiser Brake Light
The bulb in the rear light has burned out and to replace it follow these instructions: 1) go to your owner's manual to find out the part number. You can find and purchase the replacement bulb at Target, any auto parts store and even at Walmart for under $4.00; 2) pop open the trunk door; 3) get a phillips screw driver and unscrew the 2 screws holding the rear brake light fixture to your car body; 4) as soon as you turn over the fixture you'll see where to pull out the burned out bulb and replace it with the new one(s). Good luck!
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
SOURCE: PT Cruiser 2007, showing 9ASCAP
Sounds like you need to check your gas cap or the filler tube and the vent tube,insufficient vacuum in one of these areas put up the warning.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
first check to make sure your dimmer swtch is not turned up all the way this is the small wheel that turns the dash lights brighter. if this is not the problem then you have a bad switch at one of the doors. unplug the the door switch at each door till the light goes out this is the one that is bad
Posted on May 17, 2010
GET A 3 SPOKE PULLEY EXTRACTOR AND SCREW IN THE BOLT BUT IN THE CRANKSHAFT HOLE PUT A MUCH SMALLER SCEW SO YOU WOUNT MESS THE INSIDE UP
Posted on May 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2017 | 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base
Jun 03, 2015 | 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base
Aug 21, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 09, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 10, 2014 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 19, 2013 | 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Hatchback
Nov 15, 2012 | 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Hatchback
Nov 01, 2011 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 14, 2010 | 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Hatchback
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: