Need of programming instructions for keyless entry for 1996 LHS
I bought the keyless remote ebay, however, it did not come with the programming instructions and I have scoured the internet and came accross your site and I thought I would ask...Here are the specs.: 3-BUTTON - Lock/Unlock/Trunk
KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE INFO ON BACK: CHRYSLER P/N: 04469341
Re: Need of programming instructions for keyless entry...
System will automatically lock all doors when vehicle is driven in excess of 15 mph Pressing UNLOCK (on remote) once deactivates system and unlocks driver door only Pressing UNLOCK (on remote) twice w/in 5 seconds deactivates system and unlocks all doors Alarm/central locking functions can be altered using remote transmitter
Access data link connector (DLC)- druvers sude fascia Switch ignition on Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground Ensure doors lock and unlock, indicating programming mode active Press any button of each remote to be programmed Ensure doors lock and unlock after each remote operation - indicating programming complete Remove jump lead to exit programmming code
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Enter 5-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad. 2. Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of code, press the 1/2 button. All doors will lock then unlock confirming you are in programming mode. 3. Press any button on first Keyless Remote within 5 seconds of pressing the 1/2 button. Locks will cycle to indicate succesful programming. 4. If you are programming more than one Keyless Remote (Including any exsiting remotes) Press any button on second keyless remote within 5 seconds of previous remote. Locks will cycle again to indicate succesfull programming. (If the keypad light goes out before all remotes are programmed the entire process must be repeated). 5. Press the 7/8 and the 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the keypad to exit program mode.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
To figure out if you have factory keyless entry,place the key in the ignition and turn it foreward 5 times in 10 seconds. This means forward just till the dash lights come on, but do not start it. If the doors lock and then unlock, you've entered programming mode and you have a factory system. You'll need to get on line and purchase a factory remote, (I didn't see any on Ebay) and following this guude:
- Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. (this may take 8 times) - All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. - Press any button on 1st transmitter. - Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. - Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). - Turn ignition to OFF. - Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
reading your post you mention to "open and close switch"..not sure what refering to...these are the instructions from your vehicles service manual...good luck!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) are programmable and must be set at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.
here's the instructions for a 97 TL - I hope they're the same.
Note: Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode. You must complete each step within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode. You must program remotes within 10 seconds of each other 1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II) 2. Within 4 seconds press the LOCK or UNOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed remote can be used for this step.) 3. Within 4 seconds turn ignition switch to LOCK (0) position 4. Within 4 seconds turn the ignition switch to ON (II) 5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 two more times using the same keyless remote used in step 2 6. Within 4 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode. 7. Within 10 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on same remote. 8. Within 10 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on all other remotes you want to program. Make sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote. 9. Turn the igniton switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode. 10. Test remote(s)
Try re-programing the system.
These are the instructions from the service manual.
. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, with the 5th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. 2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. 4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
It should be hit the unlock button 3 times, open and close the door 3 times, the locks will operate themselves twice. Hit the unlock button on the remote and it should program. you should try a remote from the dealer not from ebay.