Question about 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Need to know location of clips/fasteners and type/ quanity
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
u have to remove the panel that has the door handle in it, remove the panel which has the window and the seat adjusters, unplug the wires and just lift the door panel and there u are.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Its on the same side of the engine as the transmission, driven by the belt up top. It requires a special socket to remove the pump from the housing.(also, the pump turns clockwise to remove!)
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
SOURCE: 1998 cadillac deville
You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. You'll need to lift the door panel upwards in order to get it off the window ledge. If needed, you can pull back the weather seal (can't reuse it, but it's not that important) and you will be able to access everything inside the door
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2012 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Oct 17, 2011 | 1996 Buick LeSabre
The turn signal flasher is located in the IPJB. Check the label on the back of the trim panel for the exact location on your vehicle.
To replace the flasher, simply grasp and pull it straight out. Align the contacts on the replacement flasher with its mounting position in the IPJB, then push it in place.
Instrument Panel Junction Block (IPJB)
May 12, 2011 | Saturn SL2 Cars & Trucks
Mar 07, 2011 | 1998 Ford Windstar
1. Disable the SIR system.
2. Remove the power window switch assembly.
3. Remove the door trim plate.
4. Gently pull the trim panel inboard in order to disengage the trim fastener that retains the outside rearview mirror trim cover.
5. Remove the fasteners around the outer perimeter of the door panel by prying out with a commercially available door trim fastener removal tool. Pry only hard enough to disengage the fasteners from the sheet metal door skin. Be careful not to pry out too far or damage to the hooks inside the door panel will result.
6. Remove the door trim panel by lifting upward and outward in order to disengage the hooks from the door.
7. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the trim panel.
8. Remove the trim panel.
Dec 05, 2010 | 1999 Cadillac DeVille
Nov 04, 2010 | 1998 Saturn SL
Oct 26, 2010 | 1998 Saturn SL
Oct 12, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Feb 10, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Nov 20, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: