Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
right where the carpet meets the plastic on the tailgate there is small opening pretty buch right on the other side of the button if you get a flat head screw driver in there there is a saftey slider latch in there move it over and its open
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
The actuator is not engaging the lock mechanism.You need to open it manually from inside the truck There is an access hole on the rear end gate pad where the material meets the plastic directly in the center you can feel a soft spot in the fabric backing with your finger.use an awl or ice pick to poke thru the hole and feel for the lock arm and pop it open then unscrew the end gate pad and inspect lock Good luck
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
This is how to replace it on a 1996 Blazer 4dr.
First, go buy the part you need at Rockauto. The link is for a 1996, but make sure you order it for your vehicle. Just do a search for a Window Actuator Rod Retainer. Rock Auto requires you order a pair of these, so make sure you order two. Each one has two of them in there so you will have 3 extras.
Window Actuator Rod Retainers - RockAuto.com
To open the window in the mean time while you are waiting for the part, do the following.
1. Remove the two screws on the door handle so you can pull back the door panel.
2. Pull back panel on top in the middle where it rises.
3. Reach in with a screw driver or your fingers to push down the lever. It's a metal piece on the left side against the wall to the inside of the blazer.
4. Open window and tailgate and remove screws on the sides of the tailgate. There is one on each side. Make sure it is the one fartest out and on the plastic panel.
5. Once the screws are removed, pull up on half the panel that is farthest out from the truck. Slide out away from the truck. The panel should come off with a little effort. Do not pull up on the panel closest to the truck, you will break the hooks that hold it in. I broke two on mine. The panel will slide away from the truck pretty easily.
6. Remove the screws holding the middle metal panel down. There are about 12 screws. They are the 9/32 socket screws.
7. Pull the metal panel up, first dislodge the metal poles connected to the two white clips on each side in the center of the panel.
8. You will now see your actuator with the broken blue clip.
9. Pop off the blue retainer from the actuator. This will take some effort but it will pop off. (here's where you can replace the actuator if it's not making a sound)
10. Place one end of the retainer into the loose metal piece that rotates (left arrow in third picture) and then pop the other end back on to the actuator.
11. Replace the metal panel and clip the poles back into the white clips.
12. Make sure your door handle rod is clipped into the lock before you close the tailgate. If not, you have to work at opening it again by sliding you arm down between the plastic panel and it's not easy.
13. Replace everything. Before you close the door, make sure the door handle works and make sure the actuator is connected.
14. You should now be able to use your tailgate window again!
I am taking a guess your trying to remove the tailgate panel to fix this problem???
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
It should be number 2 in the fuse box but if you can still hear the motor when you push the button than you need to try and pull the top where the lock that holds the glass hatch pull the plastic far enough to get you hand in on the right side of the latch and you will find a lever that you should be able to push to your left I believe and that will release the glass hatch and than open the tail gate take off the plastic inside cover and unscrew the metal plate off of the inside of the tail gate and you will be looking for a blue plastic piece that supposed to be connected to the release motor and the latch if thats broken than you need to go to the auto wreckers find a blazer or jimmy from '95-'97 maybe all the way up to 2000 I believe and basicly do the same remove the blue clip from that one put it on yours and it should work and if the clip on your is broken dont try to glue it, it wont work I tryed everything to try and fix it on mine but you have to get another one once you find another clip it doesnt really take long but yea anyways I hope that helps you out let me know heres my email THUNDERSTRUCK_244@hotmail.com
Posted on Apr 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2013 | 2002 Kia Sportage
Sep 18, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 15, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 26, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 15, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 18, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
May 09, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 06, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 22, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 13, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
Dec 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: