- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Jerry, Drive to a good shop. So many things can cause reduced power light unfortunately. The first step would be to get the truck hooked up to a scanner/computer and have the computer scanned for trouble codes. One thing that you could try is to drain the water from the water separator that is mounted on the frame under drivers front door. If the PCM picks up on water, power is reduced until water is removed/drained. It could be an exhaust sensor that is reading faulty. Unfortunately from here its impossible to tell you exactly what the fault is because there are just so many engine sensor inputs that could cause your problem. Check the attached links, forums,instruction and guides, Good luck
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."
Have the vehicle checked for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes ! Do you know what electronic throttle control is ? The gas pedal assembly has electrical connector an sensors inside ,hooked to the PCM / ECM - engine computer . The engine computer uses these position sensors inputs to control the DC motor on the throttle body to open the throttle plate to control the speed . Plus there are position sensors inside the throttle body to input PCM/ECM to see if it's calculations are corect . Your best bet maybe to take it to a qualified repair shop . Drive by Wire Function and diagnostics by Wells
Reduced Engine Power Mode
When the PCM detects a condition with the TAC system, the PCM may enter a reduced engine power mode. Reduced engine power may cause one or more of the following conditions:
• Acceleration limiting--The control module will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the vehicle acceleration is limited.
• Limited throttle mode--The control module will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the maximum throttle opening is limited.
• Throttle default mode--The control module will turn off the throttle actuator motor and the throttle will return to the spring loaded default position.
• Forced idle mode--The control module will perform the following actions:
- Limit engine speed to idle by positioning throttle position, or by controlling fuel and spark if throttle is turned off.
- Ignore accelerator pedal input.
• Engine shutdown mode--The control module will disable fuel and de-energize the throttle actuator.
engine power reduced means that the CPU has placed the ECM in a safe operating mode and reduced power to lessen the risk of serious engine / transmission damage. Stop and check oil level and coolant level at the radiator cap. have the fault codes read urgently so as to prevent damage to the units