Question about 1986 Ford F150 SuperCab
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to your local library they will have a service manuel for your truck and if they dont they can find one in the manuel will be everything you need
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
1976-79 Without Air Conditioning
Hope this helps you! Please remember to rate my solution.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Hello, follow this steps to replace the water pump:
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable,using a screwdriver to unscrew the clamp that secures the cable to the negative (-) post. Pull the cable away from the battery post.
2. Use a jack to elevate the Ford Taurus and use jack stands to shore up the jack. Alternately, you can use tire ramps.
3. Discharge the pressure in the radiator by unscrewing the cap. Remove the drain plug located underneath the radiator. Catch the coolant in a resealable container. Clean up any spills.
4. Disconnect or remove the parts in front of the water pump, using an adjustable wrench. In order, this includes the right inner splash shield, lower heater hose, upper and lower tube bolts from radiator, air cleaner assembly, battery and battery tray, water pump belt, upper radiator hose, engine vent hose, trans axle 10-pin connector, radiator bypass hose and thermostat housing.
5. Remove the water pump mounting nuts and connector hose. Unbolt the water pump from the mount. Clean off the mounting area with a shop rag.
INSTALLING THE NEW WATER PUMP:
1. Inspect the new water pump to ensure it's identical to the old pump and free of any metal splinters or debris.
2. Arrange the new gasket onto the water pump. Place a bead of high temperature automotive sealant around the area where you removed the old pump and hold the gasket in place on the new water pump as you mount the entire assembly on top of the sealant.
3. Place the new nuts into the holes in the Ford Taurus' water pump in any order for the S-type engine and in a cross configuration on the U-type engine. Using a torque wrench while the sealant is still wet to obtain a better hold, tighten to 15 foot pounds of torque.
4. Reassemble the other engine parts in the order they came off the Ford using an adjustable wrench. Replace worn parts with new ones, as needed.
5. Replace the drain plug and refill the radiator with the amount and type of coolant specified in your owner's manual. Remove the jack stands and release the jack or drive the ford off the tire ramps.
6. Attach the negative battery cable to the post and tighten the screw on the clamp. Start the engine and check for leaks. Then, close the hood
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Nov 03, 2013 | 1999 Ford Econoline
Jan 13, 2012 | 1994 Ford F250 Supercab
Dec 23, 2010 | 1988 Ford F 250
Dec 10, 2009 | 1995 Ford F250
Nov 04, 2009 | 1987 Ford F 250
Apr 09, 2009 | 1986 Ford F150 SuperCab
Mar 18, 2009 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks
Feb 20, 2009 | 2008 Ford F 250 Super Duty 4WD
Jan 08, 2009 | 1988 Ford F 250
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: