Question about 2003 Volkswagen Passat
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There is no automatic transmission dip stick on your car. There is a long procedure to check and fill and you will need special fluid from VW. Better left to the dealer. If you want the procedure let me know.
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
THERE IS NO DIPSTICK. CAR MUST GO TO DEALER TO HAVE CHECKED AS SCANNER HAS TO BE HOOKED UP & MUST BE BROUGHT UP TO TEMPERATURE TO CHECK LEVEL
Posted on May 12, 2009
hi there i prosume its an auto if so there are 3 plugs at the rear of the box by the bell housing in a row going up you have to access them from underneath and dont forget its a special fluid,
Posted on May 23, 2009
There is a tank under the hood with a STEERING WHEEL icon on it. DON"T OVERFILL and use only PENTOSIN
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
Testimonial: "Very easy to fix with your advice and expertise."
SOURCE: maurhow do i check transmission
How to check & change oil in automatic transmission on 2004 VW Passat 1.8 Turbo
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Posted on Feb 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2014 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Dec 12, 2012 | 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Feb 18, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Oct 08, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Aug 28, 2010 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
May 01, 2010 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
Mar 04, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
Jun 04, 2008 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: