Question about 2003 Lexus GX 470
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Remove 3 - 4 screws on fender cover close to side marker light. Pull fender cover out a bit for you to use your other hand to reach side marker light. By twisting on one direction and here you go the light out. Replace new bulb and replace everything on reverse order.
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
The VSC on TRAC off lights will come on when there is an air fuel related issue.
If you have recently filled your tank, unscrew and tighten the gas cap till it clicks. The lights may need to be reset if they stay on after that. They will also be triggered by a fouled O2 sensor ins the engine or exhaust as well as a sticky throttle valve.
If a dealership resets the lights they can attach a code reader under dash to determine the cause in about 5 minutes.
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2015 | Lexus GX 470 Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2012 | 2004 Lexus GX 470
Aug 18, 2012 | 2008 Lexus GX 470
Jul 08, 2012 | 2003 Lexus GX 470
Mar 18, 2011 | 2006 Lexus Gx 470
Nov 10, 2009 | 2006 Lexus Gx 470
Jul 25, 2009 | 2000 Lexus RX 300
May 09, 2009 | 2007 Lexus LX 470
Mar 18, 2009 | 2000 Lexus RX 300
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!