Question about Honda Accord
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Open the door of both sides (driver and passenger) and look for the panel for the fuses. Remove the panel and you will see the fuse box. The information of the fuses is on the panel.
Posted on May 03, 2009
1995 Honda Accord Stereo Wiring Constant 12V+ Blue/White Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red Ground Black Illumination Red/Black Dimmer n/a Antenna Trigger Yellow/White Antenna Left Rear Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors Left Front (+) Blue/Green Left Front (-) Gray/Black Right Front (+) Red/Green Right Front (-) Brown/Black Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Door Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow Left Rear (-) Gray/White Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow Right Rear (-) Brown/White
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
What you have is the SERIAL NUMBER. Your almost there!!! The hard part is over! Go to the bottom below for the website option or phone number option you need to get the unlock code!!!
*** Please click the "Was this helpful? Yes" (thumbs up)! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
The part from the dealer is $180.65 ,labor is .5 hours about $50. If you go to a independent shop the cost should be less:)
Posted on Nov 24, 2009
I assume you mean the one on the dash. This is an indicator that there is a problem in your braking system. Make sure it's not low on Brake fluid and have the brake system checked or check it yourself. If your going to check it yourself I recommend the Haynes repair manual on your vehicle as a reference.
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2012 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
May 20, 2011 | 1997 Honda Accord
Mar 03, 2011 | 2002 Honda Accord
Jul 30, 2009 | 2003 Mini Cooper
Jul 11, 2009 | 1995 Honda Accord
Jun 28, 2009 | 2002 Honda Accord
Nov 28, 2008 | 1992 Honda Accord
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!