Question about 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Where on the engine is the power steering pump on a 2004 chevy monte carlo ss
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: power steering resevoir?
Hello there, here is a picture to better assit you in finding your PS resevoir. It is directly above the oil filter which is blue in this picture. The cap is black has orange letters. http://www.fastfieros.com/enginesavailable/images/3800sc_seriesIII_06.jpg
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
SOURCE: 2002 monte carlo ss
The fuel filter is located in the pressure line that runs from the fuel tank to the engine,
near to the fuel tank.
Keep the engine off for few hours before replacing the filter, to get rid of some pressure in the lines.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
there should be holes in power steering pump pulley that when positioned correctly the bole should go through one of those holes, if not then you have to remove the pump
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
you can either remove the steering pump to gain access,if there is no holes in PS pump pulley,you can rent a pulley puller....can be a ***** to get in and use them though....I will drill a hole in it for next time whenever I replace a pump on cars without ....
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
Power Steering Line/Hose: Service and Repair
Power Steering Pressure Pipe/Hose Replacement (3.8L)
1. Place a drain pan under the vehicle.
2. Remove the accessory drive belt.
3. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
4. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
5. The power steering pressure hose is the lower hose at the power steering gear.
Remove the power steering pressure hose from the power steering gear.
6. Remove the power steering pressure hose from the power steering pump.
7. Remove the power steering pressure hose from the clamps on the power steering gear.
8. Remove the power steering pressure hose from the vehicle.
1. Install the power steering pressure hose to the vehicle.
2. Install the power steering pressure hose to the clamps on the power steering gear.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
3. Install the power steering pressure hose to the power steering pump.
^ Tighten the fitting to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
4. Install the power steering pressure hose to the power steering gear.
^ Tighten the pressure hose fitting to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
5. Install the tire and wheel assembly.
6. Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle.
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Install the accessory drive belt.
9. Fill the power steering system with power steering fluid.
10. Bleed the power steering system.
11. Inspect the power steering system for leaks.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Sep 12, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 31, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 11, 2012 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 22, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Feb 19, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Aug 09, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
May 16, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Apr 29, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Mar 29, 2009 | 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Mar 07, 2015 | 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!