Question about Toyota Tacoma
This is on a toyota tacoma 2010 the right turn signal bulb came loose and fell into the holder well cannot remove it
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Well the owners manual for your machine says "owner's manual simply states that for all bulb replacement not shown to consult the dealer "
Best way I found was as follows:
1) Loosen lower, forward portion of driver side inner fender liner to gain access from behind by removing one 10mm screw from lower, forward area of fender liner (this is the one that threads into a nutplate on washer fluid res.) and one of the forward, outboard little screws (thinking it was 7mm) that sits just inside the fender. This will allow you to pull the liner back and gain access to the bulbs from low and behind.
From here I still was not quite able to access the bulbs from behind so I had to continue on by loosening the headlamp housing to gain additional clearance. Its possible that those with smaller hands *might* be able to get them. If not, continue as follows:
2) Remove the plastic upper radiator valance by pulling ~ eight plunger/grommet panel fasteners (I noticed one of mine was AWOL right off the bat).
3) Remove front grille by pulling four 10mm screws along top and then popping out six Tinnerman-style clips. I found it easiest to simply compress the clips from behind using channel locks and then gently pulling grille away from vehicle to unseat them one at a time.
4) Pull back the inner fender liner and look inside to locate one 10mm hex head screw securing lower headlamp housing. The screw head faces outboard and is about 3-4" forward of the inner liner.
5) Remove two 10mm screws common to the upper headlamp housing. Housing should now be "free".
6) Gently pull on the headlamp assembly while "wiggling" it side-to-side to disengage two aft-facing, alignment pins (located on the outboard side of the housing) and one small plastic tab (located on the inboard, lower portion of the housing).
7) At this point you should be able to wriggle the headlamp housing forward and inboard enough to gain access to the back side of the turn signal bulbs from behind. Be careful not to scratch the fender or chrome bumper "ear". Its a TIGHT fit.
8) Pull the inner fender liner back and then reach up through an opening in the sheet metal to get at the signal bulb connectors. Again, CCW to remove and CW to install the bulbs connectors into the housing.
9) Install is reverse. Be careful to properly realign the headlamp housing into the fender prior to buttoning up everything else.
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
The only real way to do this is to remove the headlight assembly. There are two T30 Torx bolts on the top brackets for the headlight - remove those. The third bolt is harder to see. In the top of the fender, down over the headlight, there is a round hole. Shine a flashlight down there and you'll see the third Torx bolt. Unscrew that and then use one of those $1 magnetic retrieval tools they sell at the parts store to pull the bolt out.
Once these three bolts are out, you can manipulate the headlight out of the front of the car. From that point it's easy to replace the bulb. Reassembly is the reverse of removal.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
SOURCE: 2003 parking bulb toyota tacoma
OK, I just fixed mine. The unit pulls out. You have to get a screwdiriver, wrap it with a cloth so it doesn't scratch the paint, then gently wedge the entire unit out. When it pops out, you'll see the clips that keep it in place. You might think its breaking when you pull it out, but trust me this is how you do. Just be gentle with it. After you get the unit out, simply take the socket out and replace the bulb. I did it in five minutes.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
I called the dealer,They wanted $85 an hour,an two hours to do it!!!!I took the front splash guard off under the front ,Just put on with plastic plugs,Then took the inner fender well off also with plastic plugs.Turned the wheel in,I didn't have to remove it.. and used a screw driver to take a cover off to get at the bulb..It took some time and it was not easy to get at.But it was warm outside when i did it,and saved afew bucks too!!Be patient and its really not that hard.I've done it twice......
Posted on Jan 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2015 | 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Jan 10, 2013 | Toyota Tacoma Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2011 | 2001 Toyota Tacoma
Mar 21, 2010 | 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Jan 10, 2010 | 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Nov 29, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Tacoma
Sep 23, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Jul 10, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Camry
Jun 02, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Tacoma
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: