Question about 2009 Chevrolet Impala
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Radios in the 2004 Impalas are tied to the vehicle's VIN through the computer, so it may be somewhat difficult to get the code. However, the following steps should work:
1. Press and hold the buttons for presets 1 & 4 (may be 2 & 3). The word "SEC" should show.
2. Press the "MIN" button. "000" should be displayed.
3. Press the "MIN" button again to have the second two numbers appear. Record these numbers.
4. Press the "HR" button for the first two numbers to appear. Record these numbers. -- Note: Your number sequence should be the numbers from the "HR" button followed by the numbers from the "MIN" button.
5. Call 1-800-537-5140. This will get you to the GM unlock code automated line. Ignore the prompt and enter "202108#". Next enter your code (remember, HR then MIN) followed by the * key. For example, 1234*. A 3 or 4 digit code will be given to you. If you get a code such as 0532, drop the zero when entering it into your radio.
6. Enter the code into the radio IAW the applicable manual.
Posted on May 30, 2008
if you have installed a new cd player in there then the propblem could be that your speaker wires and either touching each other or grounding them selfs out.. pull of the cd player and check to make sure all the speaker wires are covered properly and no bare wires are exposed.. if you still have a factory cd player in it then you will probably need to take it to a dealership to have it checked out..
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
• A module which communicates on the class 2 serial data circuit which supplies VIN information to the radio is replaced and not properly setup with the correct VIN information for that vehicle. The only way to unlock the radio is by using a scan tool.
Posted on May 15, 2009
I have a 06 Z71 and it did the same thing so more than likely your just going to have to buy a new cd player. I would recommend going with an aftermarket cd player because you probably going to spend just as much on another stock unit.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
You will need to have the radio reset or checked out at the dealer.Ther could be a cd stuck in it.Or the radio/CD player may have be on when the battery power got to low.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 24, 2015 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 09, 2015 | 2009 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 27, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 19, 2010 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Jul 24, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 24, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 13, 2009 | 2009 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 04, 2008 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: