Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
To program your vehicle's key fob you will need a scan tool. Select PROGRAM RKE on the scan tool and follow the instructions on the scan tool screen.
Posted on May 24, 2009
SOURCE: program second key fob
Your key can only be programed at the dealer. They have to use a scan tool and a unique id code that they get from the factory. It is done this way to help insure that the vehicle is less likely to be stolden.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Transmitter Programming Procedure
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on the transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2017 | 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP
Feb 19, 2017 | Pontiac G6 Cars & Trucks
Feb 14, 2015 | 2010 Pontiac G6
Aug 16, 2014 | 2005 Pontiac G6
May 20, 2010 | 2006 Pontiac G6
Mar 30, 2010 | 2005 Pontiac G6
Feb 08, 2010 | 2008 Pontiac G6 Sedan
Oct 20, 2017 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
714 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!