Question about 1989 Dodge Dakota 2WD
Driver side door handle on outside isn't operating.All parts are ok,not broken and are connected.Is there an adjustment on the rod to handle?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We purchased a door latch to replace ours from Dodge. It came with instructions as follows:
Front Door Handle/Bezel Replacement for LH
1. Remove the front door trim panel using the procedures outlined in Section 23 of the appropriate service manual.
2. Place door trim panel on a clean work surface. Drill the mounting bosses' heat stakes, which attach the existing door handle/bezel to the panel, with a 21/64-drill bit. Take extra care to only drill in the center of each heat stake.
3. Remove existing handle/bezel from trim panel.
4. Clean the back of the trim panel of plastic fillings.
5. Seat the new handle/bezel into location.
6. Place the push nuts onto the handle/bezel bosses.
7. Use a 10 mm socket to install the push nuts all the way down on the mounting bosses to secure the handle/bezel onto the door trim panel. Using a wiggling side-to-side motion may be helpful.
8. Install the lock switch from the original handle/bezel to the new door handle/bezel.
9. Reinstall the door trim panel using the procedures outlined in Section 23 of the appropriate service manual.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
Likely nothing to adjust.
With the door open, see if the door can be lifted up and down while looking at the hinges. If there is play, the door hinge pins/bushings are worn out, and on some vehicles, the hinges are not serviceable, and replacement will be needed. G/L
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2013 | 2005 Dodge Dakota
Jan 24, 2018 | 1997 Toyota RAV4
Jan 01, 2012 | 1988 Chevrolet Corsica
Sep 18, 2011 | 1991 Mercury Capri
Jul 11, 2011 | 2004 Volvo XC90
Jul 06, 2011 | Renault Sportwagon Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2009 | 1999 Buick Park Avenue
Feb 18, 2018 | 2007 Dodge Dakota Cab SLT
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: