Question about 2000 Nissan Altima
Electrical trunk lid latch more likely broken if keep open release trunk.
Posted on Jan 03, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just replaced the driver's side headlamp on my 2000 nissan altima. The manual advises you to take it to a dealer or details a long process which involves removing the bumper protector -- none of this is necessary. I am not mechanically inclined and a coworker and I did it on a lunch break. Here's how:
1) Disconnect the battery by loosening the nuts that attach both the positive & negative contacts.
2) Once loose, slide off the contacts. At the base of the battery (closest to front of the car) there will be another nut that you'll need to remove (this loosens a clip which holds the battery in place)
3) Once loosened, lift out the battery which will enable you to see the headlamp connection.
4) There is a white plastic ring that attaches to the headlamp connection. Twist this to the left (about a quarter turn).
5) Once you have loosened the white ring, you should be able to gently pull out the headlamp assembly.
6) Remove the headlamp from the socket by pushing on the plastic arm which will release the lamp from the socket (sounds confusing, but once you have the piece in your hand it will make sense)
7) Insert the new lamp into the socket & slide assembly back into the hole. Note. There is a groove in the assembly which will align with a notch in the headlamp frame...you can see this by looking through from the front of the headlight cover on the outside of the car.
8) Replace the white ring and twist to the right to secure in place.
9) Replace the battery & bolt you remove.
10) Replace the positive & negative connectors (hint: don't forget to replace the plastic battery cover before you attach the connectors).
Hope this helps...let me know how you make out.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
SOURCE: can not open trunk
There is a "cancel" button inside the trunk that makes the trunk lever release inoperable. In this mode you can only use the key to open the trunk. Open the trunk with the key, look around the locking mechanism and slide the button.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
sounds like a bad connection on relay start there first do ya hear a click at all. if not check fuses. otherwise wiring would be where I would start
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Apr 12, 2014 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Jan 02, 2013 | 2009 Nissan Altima
Jan 07, 2012 | 2002 Nissan Altima
Apr 08, 2011 | Nissan Altima Cars & Trucks
Sep 20, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Altima
Jan 23, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Nov 20, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Altima
403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: