My car is the Lexus Es 350. when i press the start button it turns on all the secondary system like ac,radio,lights,gps yada yada, but leaves the ignition off. And i was wondering with the ignition turned off, can i use the heater. It blows out air, but i was wondering if it will blow out hot air, or will it act just like a fan?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sit in the driver's seat of your ES 350. Push the "Odometer/Trip" button on the dash until "Trip A" appears on the display with the current mileage.
Hold down the "Odometer/Trip" button until the display flashes to indicate it has reset.
Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position. Do not start the car. Watch the odometer display for "000000." Turn the key to the "OFF" position and remove it from the ignition
There is no asstton* on the 2008 ES350 to switch off the traction control (( pain in the *** when it snows+slippery )).
From forums online, and I\'ve personally tested/used this...
Keep the hand brake on (( its near the left leg )) when u switch on the car... And in the next few seconds, hit and release the brake twice, then keeping your leg on the brake pedal, release the hand brake, and put it on again (( twice, your right leg on the brake all this while )), and then when the hand brake is on, hit and release the brake twice...
You will need to do this only immediately after the car starts, and it needs to be done in under 30 seconds (( from forums, never needed more than 10 seconds to do the whole thing ))..
They do not recommend it cause apparently, the torque generated can cause the wheels to spin so much that it causes tires to burn out soon... Good luck!
1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car. 2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting). 3. Turn the key to OFF. 4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. At the same time, turn the key back to "On". 5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.
The ES350 battery should have been under warranty, so this should be done at a dealership who would in turn check your keys....You will likely have to return to a Lexus dealership with both master keys and have them reprogrammed, however try holding the key directly to the dsh beside the ignition switch for about ten seconds, then push the ignition button.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (DO NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.