Question about 2001 Pontiac Sunfire
Most likely it needs to be reprogrammed. Here is that procedure:
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale; it should be flashing. If it is not flashing, then you need a scan tool to repair this. If it is flashing...proceed.
4. After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn ON for 5 seconds and then OFF.
5. Once to turns OFF, Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF, and wait 7-10 seconds.
Then: Repeat steps 1 through 5, 2 more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes
6. After the 3rd time you turn off the ignition, wait 7-10 seconds and then start the engine.
Doug from www.steeringcolumnservices.com
Posted on Jan 01, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2015 | 2005 Ford Taurus
Aug 23, 2012 | 2006 Dodge Stratus
Apr 28, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 24, 2010 | 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX
Feb 25, 2010 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Feb 22, 2010 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 07, 2009 | 1998 Ford Expedition
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: