Question about 2005 Audi TT
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Had a similar problem audi come into my shop. No headlights, blower motor would not work, wipers would not work. After dinking around found ignition switch wires had burn't up. Remove top steering column by taking out two very small philips screws from under column. Look at top LH side of column w/ top cover removed. Probably will find wires burnt up.
Posted on May 28, 2009
The insert or cartridge filters are easy to change..You must jack up the front of the car, remove the engine belly pan. in the front of the motor there is a black cylindrical housing for the oil filter cartridge..On the bottom is a cap that just screws off..Unscrew the cap, take it off, slide the old insert off, then slide the new one on..Screw the cap back on and voila! you are finished..If the insert came with a new rubber o-ring, make sure to replace the old one on the cap.
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
SOURCE: Audi TT HID bulb needs replacing
You can change the bulb easily yourself in about five minutes, especially on the passenger side. You may want to disconnect the battery, though I don't know if that is necessary. You may also want to handle the bulbs wearing latex or nitrile gloves so as to not get your skin oil on the glass.
1. Remove the decorative cover that conceals the Coolant reservior. There is a single philips screw near the firewall that holds the cover down.
2. Find the back of the headlight and pull the metal wire clip that holds the back of the headlight cover toward the engine. Remove the cover.
3. Look inside and find the back of the HID bulb--it will be toward the outside fender. Twist the connector until it separates.
4. There is a retainer ring that holds the bulb in. Again, twist that until it comes loose. The bulb should come right out.
5, Put the new bulb in, noticing the notch is on top. Also, attach the retainer ring. It is marked "Top" to help orient it. Reattach the connector with a twist.
6. Make sure everything is firmly in place. Reconnect your battery and test the lights. Finish putting anything else back on.
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
SOURCE: 2005 audi a6 owners manual
Audi does not distribute free copies of their owners manuals, however ebay is usually has several for sale pretty cheap:
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2015 | 2001 Audi TT
Sep 22, 2015 | 2002 Audi TT
Feb 26, 2015 | 2009 Audi TT Coupe
Jun 16, 2014 | 2001 Audi TT
Jun 06, 2011 | 2005 Audi TT
Jun 19, 2010 | 2008 Audi TT Coupe
Nov 16, 2009 | 2008 Audi TT Coupe
Aug 16, 2009 | 2005 Audi TT
Mar 10, 2009 | 2005 Audi TT
Dec 30, 2013 | 2005 Audi TT
Oct 27, 2013 | 2005 Audi TT
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!