Question about Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Car will not lock or unlock from remote fob. the key fob batteries are as new. it used to work briefly from 6 inches away, not anymore!
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the A6 layout for the modules is the same as my A4, the lock pump is in the rear corner of the car, on the passenger side. In the trunk, pull up the carpeting behind the passenger rear wheel, and tucked down in there is the pump assembly. They're known to go bad and it's a pretty likely cause for your problem, provided your fuses are not blown.
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
IF YOU TYPE 1999 RENAULT LAGUNA REPROGRAMME KEY INTO A GOOGLE SEARCH, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINTOFF INSTRUCTIONS TO REPROGRAMME THE KEY TO THE KEY READER.THE IGNITION NEEDS TO BE OFF TO DO THIS
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2016 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Dec 22, 2010 | BMW 3 Series Cars & Trucks
Apr 28, 2010 | 1998 Audi A4
Mar 09, 2010 | 2002 BMW 5 Series
Jun 05, 2009 | 1997 Porsche 911
Oct 16, 2008 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 29, 2008 | 2001 BMW 325
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
417 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: