- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CarGurusMay 27, 2009 - My jeep Liberty 2009 does the same the Dashboard showed a code of cylinder .... i have a jeep liberty 2006 with the # 5 cylinder misfire. i replaced the sparks... I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty 6 cylinder, engine light came on scaned the ... 2002 jeep liberty camshaft posistion sensor error code p0340 5 answers.
- Warm Up Three Way Catalytic converter deterioration or malfunction
- Exhaust system leaks
- Loose front or rear HO2Ss
- Faulty front heater O2 sensor
- O2 sensors harness is open or shorted
- O2 sensors poor electrical connection
As the code description implies the P0422 code means that the vehicle's control module has detected that the three-way catalytic converter is not working properly (is not as efficient as the factory is expecting). Replacing the oxygen (O2) sensors may sometimes fix the code, but in most cases the catalytic convert needs to be replaced to fix the problem. If the P0422 code is combined with other codes, try fixing the other codes first.