Question about 2008 Volkswagen Touareg
Program garage door opener
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Same as any other vehicle.
1. Raise and support vehicle
2. Remove tire/wheel
3. Loosen/remove the two caliper bolts
4. Slide caliper off the rotor.
5. Use a C-Clamp to depress the caliper piston
6. Remove old pads from caliper
7. Install new pads on caliper
8. Install caliper/tighten caliper bolts
9. Install tire/wheel
11 Move to next wheel/repeat
Some people take a turkey baster and remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder prior to depressing the caliper piston because it can over flow. If you choose to do that just add the fluid back when finished so it is at its proper level.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
Try underneath passenger side rear doors,inside the frame.If you gonna replace it yourself make sure you take off gas cap to relieve pressure from fuel system,if not it will spray you bad.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
boot lock has 2 positions 1.turn to the left then release or 2 turn to the right then release one does open with remote one keeps it locked so that mechanics/valeters cannot get int boot or glovebox...
Posted on Mar 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 20, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 26, 2010 | 2008 Volkswagen Touareg
THEY MAKE THE SYSTEM AND HAVE INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD.
PLEASE NOTE: MOST BUT NOT ALL BRANDS/MODELS OF OPENER WILL WORK WITH THIS SYSTEM.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Nov 03, 2010 | 2008 Toyota Camry
Dec 29, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Touareg
Sep 13, 2009 | 2008 Hyundai Sonata
Jul 05, 2009 | 2008 Volkswagen Touareg
Apr 26, 2009 | 2008 Volvo XC70
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!