Question about Cars & Trucks
Remote does open garage door but light flashes
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote garage door
drive away from your house and find a place to park. Take your garage door opener and hold it up by the openers on you van . Press the button that you want to operate you garage door and the original opener at the same time it should flash 2 or three times . Now you should be able to use the one that came with the car. (note: it will depend on the age of you garage door opener)
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Hello , you are probably not doing anything wrong. Some garage door openers will not accept some codes. My Toyota Tundra 2005 worked on my garage door , but my 2004 F250 would not. Quinn , Arizona
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
sounds like RF (radio Frequincy) intreferance. cell phone towers/tv/radio towers, I've even found the infa red on a security camera looking at driveway was disrupting the remotes A good garage door opener repairer with a m-18 rf tester can help. If RF is not in your home(walkie talkies..), Goverment controls that through the FCC- we aint able to do sqwat, u do have one last resort, change out the opener, its the freq. the opener is set at from manufacture- in other words-pot luck....
Posted on Jan 07, 2010
THEY MAKE THE SYSTEM AND HAVE INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD.
PLEASE NOTE: NOT ALL BRANDS/MODELS OF OPENER WILL WORK WITH THIS SYSTEM.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on May 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Turn your Chrysler vehicle off and press and hold the two outside buttons on your onboard opener system. Release the buttons once the red indicator light begins flashing. This will erase any previous codes programmed to your system.
Hold your garage door opener remote two inches away from the onboard system.
Press and hold the button you wish to program on your onboard system and the open button on your remote simultaneously. Release the buttons once the indicator light on the onboard system begins flashing.
Press the training button on your Chrysler's system until the light glows solid. If it does not glow solid, continue to the following steps.
Press the "learn" button on your garage door remote, located near the antenna wire on the back or side of the system, and return to your vehicle.
Press the training button on your on board system, hold it for two seconds and release. Repeat the press/hold/release step two more times and your remote will be programmed and ready for use.
Dec 10, 2011 | 2002 Chrysler Town & Country
Feb 18, 2010 | 2005 Buick Rendezvous
Apr 26, 2009 | 2008 Volvo XC70
Apr 16, 2009 | 2005 Lexus RX330
Mar 27, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Dec 29, 2008 | 2001 Chrysler Sebring
Oct 11, 2008 | 2003 Acura MDX
Jul 01, 2008 | 2000 Audi A6
Jun 06, 2008 | 2003 Jaguar XJ-Series
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!