Question about 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
The fuel pump is working and the fuel log seems to be getting gas
Check the distributor cap and coil wire, one thing you can try to help determin this is by connecting a noid light between any plug wire to cap and coil wire to cap but youll need someone two crank it while you watch for spark flash on noid light
Posted on Dec 30, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I would check to be on the safe side the fuel filter is going in the right direction. The arrow is pointing towards the engine away from the fuel tank, Then you need to make sure the fuel pump wiring connections are good contact and did not come loose when driving.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
hi its rob was it running befor u replaced the pump if its petrol take out the spark plugs maken sure not to mess up the timeing give them a clean .if its deizil prime the system o open the injectors
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Before spending several hundres on a fuel pump, I recommend doing a fuel pressure test. You can get a test gauge pretty cheap at a parts store. If the pump is junk, you raise the truck, lower the fuel tank, unplug the electronics from the pump at the top of the tank, then with a hammer and flat head scrwedrive, gently tap the lock ring in a counter clockwise direction until it pops off. Pull the pump assembly out and install the new one. Reverse directions to install.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Try to do the crank relearn:
Ensure that your battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn procedure. Do not leave any battery charger or jumper cables attached to the battery. Close the hood completely. Some applications require that the doors remain closed during the procedure.
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start).
Allow the key to return to the all position (same as if the vehicle would have started). The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
2. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns oft) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt tostart the vehicle. The vehicle should start on this cycle.
3. Once the vehicle is running, the password relearn is complete.
00 + S10
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Thank you for using fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your jimmy running 100%
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
Sounds like the ignition switch has gone bad and will need to be replaced. Turn the ignition switch to the on position again and check to see if there is power to other items like the transmission and accessories. If there are a few items that are not working, good chance that the ignition switch has gone bad and is there any security light on the dash flashing???
Thank you for using fixya and keep us posted.
Posted on Nov 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 07, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Feb 04, 2011 | 1989 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Nov 07, 2010 | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Cars & Trucks
Jun 17, 2010 | 2001 Ford F350 Super Duty SuperCab
Jun 18, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Mar 03, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 20, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 02, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Apr 21, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: