Question about 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
How do i get the bulb out to replace it?
2. Open the hood and disconnect the headlamp wiring socket from the
in-line connector. This will make it easier to change the bulb.
3. Remove the protective dust shield
from the housing by turning the
dust shield counterclockwise (when
viewed from the rear).
4. Release clip and disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
5. Remove the bulb retaining ring by
rotating it counterclockwise.
6. Without turning, remove the old
bulb from the lamp assembly by
pulling it straight back out of the
lamp assembly and replace.
7. Install the new bulb in lamp assembly by pushing straight in with the
bulb’s plastic base facing upward. Turn the bulb slightly to align the
grooves in the plastic base with the tabs in the lamp assembly.
8. Install the bulb retaining ring over the plastic base and lock the ring
by rotating it clockwise until it snaps into place.
9. Connect the electrical connector into the plastic base until it “snaps”.
10. Install the protective dust shield and lock the shield by rotating it
clockwise until it locks into position.
11. Connect the headlamp wiring socket to the in-line connector.
12. Turn the headlamps on and make sure they work properly. If the
headlamp was correctly aligned before you changed the bulb, you should
not need to align it again.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks! I knew it would be something simple but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks so much!"
Go to this free Ford website to view or download the owners manual for this vehicle.
On page 82 it give the step by step instructions with diagrams on how to replace the headlamp bulbs.
Posted on Dec 31, 2010
the thermostat is on the front right side just below the air tube (which you have to remove) in a black hard plastic case. It is a PAIN IN THE ARSE to get to, it will have 2 sensors sticking out of it, on on the bottom, one on the side.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
if there is no white label on top of the radiator guard,
If you buy your belt from Autozone the belt routing is on the package,If you already bought the belt you could always buy one from AutoZone and then return it after you use the routing.
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2012 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Aug 08, 2012 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Jan 01, 2011 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Dec 30, 2010 | 2002 Ford Escort
Nov 24, 2010 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Nov 12, 2010 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Jan 16, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Sep 17, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Sep 02, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Jan 17, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Sep 07, 2015 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
602 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: