- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The 98 Escort is actually a Mazda 323 with Ford trim. It uses a solid state flasher relay for both turn signals and hazard lights. The relay is behind the speedometer. My guess is the relay has died. You can look it up online or check with your local auto parts store to get a visual.
If you can still find a replacement left light lens of your 1998 ford escort zx2, you can replace it, of course. Just take off the mounting screw of the lens, and take off the defective lens. Then, you can mount the replacement.
1) Start with the alternator.
2) Forward to the smooth idler
3) Forward to power steering
4) Down to A/C compressor
5) Back to crank pulley
6) Forward around tensioner
7) Back glancing off of water pump
8) Back glancing off of ribbed idler
9) Up around alternator (where you started)