Question about 2001 Volkswagen Passat
How do i remove the door panel to replace window regulator
Thier is a Metal panel behind the door panel.
Both need to be removed
Yes. If your window has fallen down and will not roll up.
99% Chance you car is suffering the Infamous VW plastic clip.
The door panel comes off With a T-10 torx or a Hex (Allen) wrench
that will fit and A large Philips Screw Driver..
Remove the Plastic cover on the inside Door handle.
And the Screw or Screw along the Bottom of the door panel.
Then remove the screws that hold the handle the the door.
They are located behind the Plastic plate you removed with a tiny screw driver earlier... Be careful not the mark up the cover whaytprying it up. It is best to pry from underneath. Where marks if made can not be seen
After the screws are out 4 I believe. The Use of a CLip tool ir best.
For getting behind the panel to pop it off. A screw driver will work.
After all the clips are released. Pull the light at the bottom of the panel down and out. Disconnect it ur push it back thought the hole it came from..
Now you need a 10mm socket, or wrench to remove the 12 bolts that hold the metal plate to the Door. Remove all the 10mm bolts, If the widow has not already fallen in the door. It should be released. By removing the Black 2" plugs. THe loosen the bolts that clamp the window the the arms. DO NOT LOOSEN THEM ALL the way, .
Disconect the all the wiring.. THe Door lock cable,can be a pain.
I think it pulls down,.
Next remove the Metal plate. that is the regulator.
reverse to install
Posted on May 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 14, 2011 | 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
May 26, 2010 | 2000 GMC Yukon XL
Mar 24, 2010 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Feb 27, 2010 | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
May 31, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 29, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Villager
Apr 20, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Apr 13, 2009 | 1997 Ford Windstar
Apr 11, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
389 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!