Question about 1995 Dodge Caravan
Have replaced fuel pump and in-line fuel filter. Still long crank time-like it is loosing pressure-help?
You need to do a fuel pressure check.. You will need a special fuel gauge and the appropriate fittings and adapters are needed to properly test the fuel pressure.
1. Relieve the fuel pressure.
Remove the fuel pump relay form the Power Distribution Center (PDC) Start the engine and run until it stalls. attempt restating the engine until it will no longer run. Turn the ignition key off. Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal. Replace the fuel pump relay in the PDC. Any if you get any trouble codes at this time you will need to see a shop to have them cleared.
2. Disconnect the quick-connect fuel line fitting fuel gauge into the fuel line using the appropriate T-fitting and adapters.
3. Start the engine and check the pressure on the gauge, your reading should be 49 PSI with the pressure with the engine idling.
4. if the fuel pressure is not 49 PSI:
1) if fuel pressure is higher you could have a pinched of clogged fuel return hose of pipe. if the line is not obstructed check the fuel pressure regulator.
2) if fuel pressure is lower check the fuel filter, look for a pinched of clogged fuel hose between the tank and the fuel rail. check the pressure regulator for malfunctions. Look for leaks in the fuel line.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2016 | 1999 Dodge Caravan
Apr 14, 2013 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Mar 06, 2013 | 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan
Dec 05, 2012 | 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan
May 30, 2011 | 1994 Dodge Caravan
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Apr 12, 2010 | 1994 Dodge Caravan
Jul 12, 2009 | 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 01, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Caravan
Aug 02, 2014 | 1995 Dodge Caravan
655 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: