I purchased a new Remote Keyless Entry fob to match my original one but when I program it the original will not work. I can reporgram the origiinal, but then the new one does not work. How do I get both to work on the same car?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
20 out of 32 products in Alarms, Remote Car Starters, Keyless Entry & Locks ..... ofKeyless Entry & Car Alarms allow you to lock and unlock power door locks.
How to program your keyless entry keypad - Ford Ownerhttps://owner.ford.com/.../locks.../how-to-program...Ford Motor CompanyDiscover how to lock and unlock your doors and how to program memory settings that will adjust seats & mirrors for each driver.SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad - Ford Ownerowner.ford.com/.../locks.../securicode-keyless-entr...Ford Motor CompanyLearn how to set a 5 digit SecuriCode on the Ford keyless entry keypad. ... Sign out. Register/Sign In · Your Vehicle. Service & Maintenance. Service & .... vehicle's SecuriCode keypad to lock and unlock your doors without having to use a key. ... Thekeypad will go into an anti-scan mode if you enter the wrong code seven ...How Programming Your Keyless Entry Can Make ... - Ford Life
Many times if you purchase a used vehicle, the car lot only provides the key because they do not want to spend the money to purchase a key fob. A 2006 Lancer either has a 2 or 3 button keyless entry remote which you can find here: http://replacemyremote.com/ Keyless Entry Remote Fob Replacement
1. Make sure vehicle is in Park 2. Press Vehicle Information button (has the icon of a car and an 'i')until 'PRESS *check mark* TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY' displays. 3. Press set/reset button. The message 'REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE' will display. 4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds. A beep will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched. 5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it. 6. To exit the program mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Step by Step Solution:
1. Check the battery in your Key Fob/Remote, Replace?
2. If after replacing battery and still does not work then may have lost programming, or bad keyless entry module.
3. May need to take to dealer to have programmed or keyless entry module replaced.
Try reprogramming the remotes. Here are the instructions for the procedure. Hope it helps. Cobra!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be
programmed at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters
into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten
seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode,
it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Within 20 seconds, press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter,
and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry
remote transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter,
wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to
respond, refer to Inspection and Verification.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after
step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one
last time to confirm.
If it is a new key fob it will have to be programmed by the dealer.
This is the statement as listed in the owners manual for your vehicle.
Matching Transmitter(s) to Your Vehicle
Each remote keyless entry transmitter is coded
to prevent another transmitter from unlocking
your vehicle. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a
replacement can be purchased through your dealer.
Remember to bring any remaining transmitters with
you when you go to your dealer. When the dealer
matches the replacement transmitter to your
vehicle, any remaining transmitters must also be
matched. Once your dealer has coded the new
transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock your
vehicle. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four
transmitters matched to it.