Question about 1999 BMW 328 Series
I can't find the instructions to operate my bluetooth. The manual does not explain it, just says it is equipped with it. Does anyone know where I can find the instructions?
Your '99 might be "equipped with bluetooth" which means the car is wired for it, but may not have the module(s) for it. same is true for the 6 disc changer in the trunk on the LH side. its wired for it, but not necessarily has it installed.
call your BMW dealership (parts dept) with your VIN (actually the last 7 numbers is all they should need) and they can tell you if the car is "wired for bluetooth" or actually has bluetooth installed.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
Yep! There's no instructions. I've 530 series as well. As a matter of fact I kind of like the bluetooth function within BMW designed. If you have the one knob for all access then follow:
1) Press Menu button near bottom of the knob then press down the knob from top to select information.
2) Pull the knob downward.
3) Turn the knob to your right to scroll down and select Bluetooth function.
4) If the setting of Bluetooth is not enable then pull down twice to set it enable to active.
5) Push the knob upward once to Setting location then turn the knob to your left to Phone menu then press down on the knob to select Phone option.
6) This is where you want to pair with your phone. Before selecting pairing new phone make sure your phone is in the search mode otherwise it won't work.
7) Once your phone has been paired then you all set.
Here's how it works.
1) Receiving call: You need to use that one knob and select Accept the call or not (Assuming you have the navigator screen.).
2) Making call: Navigate your phone to any number you wish to call then just press the Send button on your phone then all you have to do is talk normal within your car and you can here your conversation through the car speaker. The car microphone is on the roof by the SOS button or by the rear view mirror.
3) You don't have to press any button when the call is ended by other party.
Hope this answer your question. Please let me know this helps out.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
SOURCE: 2004 BMW 328i bluetooth
Are you sure the blutooth is active in your car? Contact the local dealer and have them run a "DCS" and confirm the car is fitted with Blutooth. Then go to www.bmwusa.com and check that your phone is apporved to work with the car. Provided nothing is wrong with the car you can then follow the instructions below.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2015 | BMW Cars & Trucks
Jun 22, 2011 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
Jun 01, 2009 | 1999 BMW 328 Series
May 24, 2009 | 1999 BMW 328 Series
Apr 03, 2009 | 1999 BMW 3 Series
Mar 12, 2009 | 2007 BMW 328xi Sports Wagon
1,426 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: