Question about 1997 Chevrolet Suburban
Code for keyless entery for chevy suburban 1997
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know
which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not
have numbers, use the for reference.
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a
suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming
procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond
by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to
be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and
unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2016 | 2003 Mercury Sable
Dec 11, 2013 | 1993 Toyota 4Runner
Dec 04, 2012 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder
Oct 13, 2010 | Chevrolet Colorado Cars & Trucks
Jun 05, 2010 | 1997 Ford Windstar
Apr 19, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Mar 21, 2009 | 1997 Toyota Avalon
Dec 14, 2008 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD
Nov 08, 2008 | 2000 Chevrolet Tracker
324 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!