An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
Re: GAS IN ENGINE OIL
The engine is running way to rich, that would be the only reason for gas in the oil, things that cause a rich mixture are leaking fuel injectors or to much fuel pressure, have these checked by a shop, also do u have a check engine light?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The electric fuel pump located in the gas tank can and do burn out, from running out of gas. If it won't run, the fuel pressure will need to be checked to make certain it is the fuel pump. A fuel filter can get plugged and the motor will quit running, but you are sure that you ran out of gas?
Check the timing. If it is fluctuating you most likely need to replace the timing built. Another possible problem could be a vacuum leak or clogged air intake. If the motor is fuel injected clean the fuel injectors and fuel injection system.
Please consider following matters:
1. Ignition. Blue color fire is the the best ignition power
2. Gas. Check your fuel filter and injections
3. Compression. Combustion chambers should have enough compression to start the engine. Does your car lost its compression? Is the car has blue smoke on exhaust muffler ? Do you need top up oil regularly? All these things show your car has problem with compression.
It could be that your fuel injection system is failing, try putting some fuel injection cleaner (gas additive) into your gas tank, you should notice a difference after the first full tank. If not it will be time to get your system checked-out at a garage.
i wouldn't recommend useing the starting fluid method anymore..it actually is very bad for the engine the ether wipes the oil off of the cylinder walls and that could cause big problems..other than that i would say its the fuel pump whe u turn the key forward..not to start the car just to turn the key so the radio plays..listen for a quick buzzing sound coming from the back of the car twards the gastank..if u do not hear it its probably the fuel pump good luck