Question about 2004 Ford Explorer
I need to shut off the seat belt signal.
Sorry, I do not have the owner's manual. But, here's the step by step directions for turning off the "Belt-Minder."
One time disable
Any time the safety belt is buckled and then unbuckled during an
ignition ON cycle, BeltMinder will be disabled for that ignition cycle only.
Deactivating/activating the BeltMinder feature
Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the
deactivation/activation programming procedure.
The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
* the parking brake is set
* the gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
* the ignition switch is in the OFF position
* all vehicle doors are closed
* the driver’s safety belt is unbuckled
* the parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped
with Autolamps, the Autolamps feature MUST be turned off.)
To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate/activate the Belt
Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1–2
* Steps 3–5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will
have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled.
* After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off,
buckle then unbuckle the safety belt
* This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable
BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety
belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety
belt warning light four times per second for three seconds, followed by
three seconds with the safety belt warning light off, then followed by
flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is
Hope this helps and good luck!
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Wear your safety belt, or simply unplug the harness located at the seatbelt receptacle.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jul 31, 2015 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
Oct 17, 2014 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Oct 05, 2011 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Feb 27, 2011 | 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Nov 09, 2010 | 1999 Ford Explorer
Apr 11, 2009 | 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Mar 12, 2009 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Jan 31, 2009 | 2004 Ford Explorer
273 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: