Question about 2005 Ford Mustang
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
2005 Ford Mustang 4.0L SFI SOHC 6cyl
Ford Mustang 1999-2005
Alternator - Removal & Installation
3.8L And 4.0L Engines
4.6L Engines (Non-Supercharged)
More details about this model in Autozone.com (free register).
I hope help you with this (remember rated this help). Good luck.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Are you using the old belt or a new one? Just make sure the belt is the right one. There is only one right way to route the belt. There should be a diagram of the belt routing on the fan shroud or hood. If you can't find it, I've had some luck doing an internet search for the right routing diagram.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
Here's a helpful web site that will show you your diagram.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Generally, you can check and test alternator with this procedure...
1. Clean the positive and negative battery terminals to ensure a good connection with the tester's clamps.
2. Connect the positive and negative clamps to the appropriate battery terminals. The clamps must make firm contact with the battery terminals or the test results will be inaccurate or the tester may not work at all.
3. Turn the tester on and choose the option for "full charging system test." This will test your battery, starter and alternator and provide the most accurate picture of the problem.
4. Follow the directions on the tester's screen. These instructions will include cranking the vehicle after the battery test is performed, holding the engine at a certain RPM range and turning on certain accessories.
5. Read the results displayed on the tester's screen. The tester should scroll through the results, starting with the battery, then the starter and finally the alternator. An alternator test result showing diode ripple problems indicates a bad alternator.
Hope helps (remember rated this).
Read more: How to Test a Car's Alternator | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2079784_test-cars-alternator.html#ixzz0spTYveGJ
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
May 19, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2014 | 1989 Ford Mustang
Apr 15, 2011 | 2004 Ford Mustang
Mar 14, 2010 | 2005 Ford Mustang
Oct 11, 2009 | 2000 Ford Mustang
Sep 19, 2009 | 1991 Ford Mustang
Sep 17, 2009 | 2005 Ford Mustang
Aug 01, 2008 | 2005 Ford Mustang
Oct 02, 2014 | 2005 Ford Mustang
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!