Question about 1994 Lexus Es 300
Can not find where it goes
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
I just changed the cabin filter of my ES300. I found the instructions on the manual, under airconditioning and audio. It's pretty easy to do. I bought the filter from Kragen's for $21.95.
Posted on Mar 27, 2009
the cabin filter is locate on the passanger in the glove box. to get to it u must remove the shelf in the glove box by simply tugging it from the left side, then u will see at the back of the glove box a section that u can remove. once removed u will see a white compartment with a removable front, remove that and youll see filter
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: Cabin Air Filter Installation
Back upper right corner of your glove box tray has a pop out or not/mine either fell out or was never there. Look back in the upper right corner with glovebox open you'll see the slot where the cabin air filter goes.
Posted on May 30, 2009
open the glove box, grasp it firmly and pull straight up on one side and then the other. the box will unsnap from the hinge, once loose lower the box gently and let it hang from the tension cord. behind the box you will see a cover with release clips. remove the cover. pull the filter and tray straight out. be sure to replace the filter proper side up, it will be marked. reassemble.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2011 | 2001 Toyota Tacoma
Aug 16, 2010 | 1999 Lexus Gs 300
Jun 20, 2010 | 1998 Oldsmobile Regency
Apr 13, 2010 | 2002 Lexus LX 470
Oct 10, 2009 | 2007 Lexus IS 250
Apr 26, 2009 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Mar 25, 2009 | 2002 Lexus ES 300
Sep 28, 2014 | 1994 Lexus Es 300
252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: