Question about 1999 Honda Accord
Need a ode retrving number for my 1999 honda accord with s/n m1c403033.pls help looking for to hear from you thank.fred
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sorry for bad news, but please rate me fixya!
this is why shops plug in a cigarette lighter plug battery before disconnecting car battery...you can make one yourself...
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
SOURCE: Radio code for Honda CRV 1999
If the radio has not been changed in the past, then I am almost certain that your local Honda dealaship can help but as always they may charge you. There are auto centres that are equipt to change the radio code and they do charge.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
*** Please click the "Was this helpful? Yes" (thumbs up)! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2015 | 1999 Honda Accord EX
Mar 27, 2011 | 1999 Honda Accord
Oct 21, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Monday to Friday 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)
4:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Saturdays PDT
4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PDT on Sundays.
Oct 11, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Aug 02, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Jul 13, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
May 18, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Feb 11, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Aug 01, 2009 | 1998 Honda Accord
Jan 24, 2017 | 1999 Honda Accord
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: