Question about Volkswagen Tiguan
How to remove inner door panel front passenger side to repair window
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is out of my haynes manual
1 disconnect negative battery cable
2 on manual window equipped modesl remove the window crank using a hooked tool to remove the retainer clip.
3 on power window equipped models pry out the armrest switch control plate and disconnect the electrical connections
4 detach the armrest pull handle retaining screw then remove the inside door handle trim bezel
5 insert a wide putty knife, a thin screwdriver or a special trim panel removal tool between the trim panel and the head of the retaining clip to disengage the door panel retaining clips.then remove the remaining door panel retaining screws at the lower edge of the door panel.
6 once all of the clips are screws are disengage detach the trim panel disconnect any electrical connectors and remoe the trim panel from the vehicle by gently pulling it up and out.
7 for access to the inner door remove the door panel support bracket then peel back the watershield taking care not to tear it. it install the trim panel first press the watershield back into place. if necessary add more sealant to hold it in place.
8 installation is the reverse of removal
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
The inner door panel is held in by clips and screw.
Look at the door near the door handle there should be screws holding it in and along the outer edge of the door. Once loose, and the door handle removed or the arm rest removed. The door panel then prys out , because of the clips that hold it on. Then pops out by applying pressure to the panel upward to the top of the door. The clips always break because of the design and plastic.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. then just remove the bolts for the mirror
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. If needed, you can pull back the weather seal (can't reuse it, but it's not that important) and you will be able to access everything inside the door
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2014 | 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
Jan 11, 2013 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 30, 2009 | 2005 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 09, 2009 | 1992 Buick Park Avenue
Apr 01, 2009 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Mar 25, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Jun 21, 2008 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 10, 2018 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: