Question about Ford Taurus
I am trying to program door remote control but want go into programing mode after cycleing ifnitin on and off 8 times..what is next step?
1. Make sure all doors are closed. 2 Press the power lock button on the door.3.Cycle the ignition from off position to run 8 times...ending with the key in the run position on your 8th cycle. The power locks should cycle..then press any button on the fob to program. If is does not go in to programming mode...there is something wrong with the keyless entry system or the vehicle does not have it.
Posted on Dec 07, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Come on chat wherein you can stand close to the car while I guide you.
I am Murphybanton.
I am online now.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
ford made several remote Key Fobs check the numbers on back of the one that is working,if you donot have one that is working than they might have gave you the wrong one contact a ford dealer they can look it up and give you the correct # Key Fob
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
I saw this on one of the toyota forums;
1) Getting a Replacement Remote
Look on ebay or google, make sure the remote has the following FCC-ID: bab237131-056
2) Installing the remote (credit to iPal)
1 open door, take key out...
2 insert and remove key from ignition 2 times
3 close and open driver's door 2 times
4 insert and remove key from ignition
5 close and open driver's door 2 times
6 insert key into ignition
7 close door
8 turn ignition from 'lock' to 'on' and back to 'lock'
if you do step #8
*1 time it's for add mode
*2 times for rewrite mode
*3 times for confirmation mode
*4 times for prohibition mode
9 remove key
10 then door lock will cycle 'lock' and 'unlock' a number of times
corresponding to your key cycles in step #8
11 press lock and unlock button together for 1 ~ 1.5 sec then release
12 then within 3 sec press lock button for 1 sec then release
13 if you did correctly door lock will cycle once...
if wrong, twice... then do it over...
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2016 | Chevrolet Silverado Cars & Trucks
Oct 19, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 01, 2014 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition cylinder but do not turn it.
3. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door.
Hold until instructed to release.
4. Remove key from ignition and then insert key into ignition without turning ignition cylinder and remove key.
5. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
6. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel.
A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
7. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds.
A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
8. Repeat step 6 if you are programming additional remotes.
9. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
NOTE: If you are having trouble getting this procedure to work, we have found that some vehicles need step 3 to be done before step 2
Aug 02, 2011 | Pontiac Aztek Cars & Trucks
Jun 05, 2010 | 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
Jan 27, 2010 | 2002 Toyota Celica
Aug 04, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Camry
Jul 23, 2009 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
Jul 08, 2009 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Dec 09, 2008 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!