Question about 2008 Toyota Prius
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Once you've purchased a replacement mirror glass based on your specific make, model and year simply follow the steps below:
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
To replace the mirror glass you need a small tube of bathtub silicon, some black tape and a couple of wooden blocks or shims. Clean the back of the mirror with glass cleaner first and put a good bead of silicon all the way around the back of the mirror about half an inch from the edge. Push it in place and using the shims tape it in place.Stretch the tape as you put it on to keep pressure on the mirror and to make a good bond with the silicon. Leave it for 24 hours and then remove the tape. Hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
To remove mirror pry off inside triangle panel(black) which exposes 3 nuts which are removed with socket wrench. Detach wire harness and pull out mirror assembly. To replace insert new mirror screws thru assigned holes and reconnect wire harness and tighten nuts to snug. Push inside triangle panel back into place and you're done! It's that easy.
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
SOURCE: PROGRAM PRIUS GARAGE DOOR
There was a minor change for mine to work.. see below..
- you must park your Prius close to the gate opener, leaving it running (obviously not in the way of the gate closing)
- Hold the button the the mirror and then push your garage door remote button and hold until the light on the mirror starts to flasyh fast. THIS programs the button on the mirror, but not the garage opener - yet (this was key for me)
- locate the "learning button" on the opener itself
- press the "learning button" on your gate opener and then get back into the Prius within 30 seconds (more time than it sounds) and press the SAME Homelink button you just programmed above. I don't recall how long I held the pre-programmed button, but the light will flash as I recall.
- Then, when working the garage door, you may need to hold the mirror button for a good second for it to work - but I had tried for months to get mine to work, and finally after reading many posts, the above sequence worked on my 2008 Prius with my Lift Master, Security + rolling codes garage opener.
Just - program the button on the mirror with your remote FIRST.. the garage opener will not work.. then use the Learn button on the garage opener and the SAME BUTTON you just programmed.. and it worked great for me. Not programming the mirror button first will not work. Using only the Learn button will not work. You must program the mirror first with the remote, then use the learn button and the SAME button on the mirror. Hope this helps.
Scott 2008 Prius with Lift Master Security + opener.
Posted on Oct 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2014 | 2006 Toyota Prius
Jul 06, 2011 | 2007 Lincoln MKZ
Feb 21, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler 300
Feb 15, 2010 | 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Oct 30, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Prius
Oct 19, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Prius
Jul 13, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Prius
Jul 08, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Corolla
Jan 24, 2009 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
Nov 11, 2008 | 2007 Volkswagen Beetle
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!