Question about 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: abs and hand brake light
Check your master cylinder switch in the res. is not stuck down. When started is the light off until you go over 15 mph? If so check your abs relay. Good luck
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
what i've seen with the k series chevrolet trucks is that the wheel speed sensors develop corrosion where the sensor mounts to the hub. you can start by taking the sensor out and cleaning off the mounting surface with a wire brush. the process is:
1. raise front of vehicle onto jackstands
2. remove front wheels
3. remove the brake caliper, bracket and rotor on both sides
4. remove wheel speed sensor via 1 torx bolt (be carefull as the corrosion will cause the sensor to "stick" in the hole)
5. clean the mating surfaces with a wire brush so the sensor bolt hole and mounting surface on the hub is shiney again.
6. if you can, pick up a can of rust preventing primer and spray a little on the surfaces to prevent further corrosion
7. let paint dry
8. apply a thin fil, of grease to the sensor and the sensor mounting spot on the hub
9. re-install sensor
10. revers steps 3-1 for re-installation.
*process is the same for both sides.
this was a common problem on the k series trucks.
while your in there it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the sensors wires to make sure they arent broken. let me know if the repair works for you
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
If you have a bad booster you would have a really hard pedal and it would take two feet to stop. Sounds more like a fluid leak or a bad master cylinder. Are you adding fluid or do you have a red brake light on?
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
We were having this problem...have your wheel bearing checked out. There was a sensor in the drivers side wheel bearing...once we replaced it (because it was going out) the ABS and Traction Control warning lights stopped coming on.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
Apr 27, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Apr 05, 2010 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 27, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Dec 30, 2008 | 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Aug 01, 2008 | 2004 Infiniti Q45
Apr 16, 2015 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: