Question about 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Cracked PLastic Component on bottom of radiator

Is there anyway of getting and replacing the plastic piece that attaches a hose to the bototm of the radiator without replacing the entire radiator?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 51 Answers

It maybe welded by a plastic welder. Best thing is to find one in the phone book and see if they can weld that type of plastic, otherwise its a new radiator sorry to say . i hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Bonneville 2000 - Can I replace only the plastic part of the radiator? On the right side (far from resevoir) the plastic unit cracked, and i can't afford a whole new radiator. I JB welded the cracked...

A radiator shop can replace just one side tanks
if that is what you want
The best solution is to replace the entire radiator
Go to a radiator shop or buy on line
There is a no reason to not find a radiator
for any vehicle,they are every where
Check price on the internet & buy at radiator
shop,auto a/c & radiator shop in yellow pages,
auto parts stores,wholesalers,internet

Aug 01, 2013 | 2002 Pontiac Bonneville

1 Answer

Extension connector radiator hose vw 2000 beetle? the plastic piece that is attached to radiator and connects to hose... elbow like?? whats the correct name?

There are several names of these parts. Rather than ask for clarification I am just going to venture a guess as to the exact one you're looking for.
This LINK will take you to stainless steel hoses listed by Advance Auto. If I am getting you this will be what you're looking for. This hose attaches to the radiator and is called: Spectre Magna-Kool 90 Deg. Radiator Hose End Kit Chrome. This hopefully answers your question and if not just consider it a clarification.

Gary @ Fix Ya

Aug 13, 2011 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle

1 Answer

The black plastic part that windshield washer hose Problem with the 2005 Dodge Durango The black plastic part that windshield washer hose attaches to has broken off the hood mounted nozzle on 2005...

Any plastic part that is broken will require getting a new
piece at the dealers parts counter

I would go there & have the parts folks come out & look at
what you need & your daughter hopefully can replace it

Jul 12, 2011 | 2005 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

Radiator replacement

Start by removing the shroud over the radiator area. There should be little plastic screws in it holding it on. Then drain the coolant from the old radiator. there should be a drain on the lower passenger side of the radiator facing the rear. looks like a white nut, turn that until fluid runs out. Make sure you have something available to catch the coolant. I used a small rubber hose attached to the end of drain to direct it to container. After all fluid has drained, disconnect the overflow hose running to the plastic bottle on right of radiator. Remove the 3 bolts holding the bottle in place, and remove. You will not have to remove fan and shroud from vehicle if you just remove the four bolts holding the blade itself to the pulley you can then slide them back far enough away from radiator to get it out. That will make things much easier. there are two other hoses that attach to the radiator 1 on upper passanger side and 1 on lower driver side, remove those. Then remove the two transmission cooling lines from the radiator and plug the ends to prevent dirt getting in. Once all hoses and lines are detached from radiator remove the two mounting bolts at top of the radiator where it attaches. Those are the only bolts holding it in. it rest inside grooves at bottom so you just pull up the radiator and you have it removed. Installation is the opposite of removal. Try to get your plastic (degas) bottle as clean as you can if your reusing . If radiator will not drain through plug for whatever reason, removing the lower driver side hose will drain very quickly but be ready for a rush of coolant. I hope this helps you out.

Jul 11, 2010 | 1998 Ford Expedition

1 Answer

My 1998 Chevy Silverado has coolant leaking from the radiator at the small metal fitting at the top drivers side of the rad. Is the a seal that can be replaced or does the entire rad need to be replaced?

There's not usually a seal for these, the metal is commonly molded into the plastic sides of the radiator.. Remove the radiator tube and inspect the plastic around the fitting for cracks. If you find cracks in the plastic, then you know your answer. If it's leaking from around the radiator hose you could try replacing the clamp with a hose clamp that you can tighten with a screw driver.

My guess is the plastic is cracked there, and the radiator needs replaced, but you should inspect it first of course.

Good luck

May 09, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet C1500

1 Answer

Leak undeneath upper radiator hose

The radiator on your Focus is mostly plastic on the top and bottom, and the middle section is aluminum/ alloy. If you examine the radiator, and are sure it isn't leaking from the hose connection, then the radiator will need repaired. sometimes, small leaks in the middle , metal section are sealed just by using some radiator stop leak in your engine's coolant. A radiator shop can replace the top or bottom plastic piece on your radiator too, and often it is a good idea to check the price of an entire radiator at your local auto parts store, as sometimes you can buy a radiator for less than the cost to repair your old one.

Nov 06, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus

1 Answer

What is the plastic piece above my fan on my 2000 ford focus se(zetec engine)it is cracked

If it is just the cowling which protects you from getting your hands or clothing caught in the fan or other belts here 's a couple solutions. If it is just cracked and not displaced there is no problem, if it is displacing it could get down onto the fan and should be replaced

Apr 19, 2009 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I cracked the plastic component that is attached to the bottom of my radiator - a hose connects to the platic component - Is that plastic piece a part that I can buy and replace or do I need to replace the...

I assume you are talking about the lastic side tank on the radiator. A radiator shop can repalce the end tank. Call for a price quote first.

Jan 12, 2009 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Getting to bottom radiator hose on 1993 ford escort

Take off the bottom plastic protector and if you need more space remove the plastic inner wing behind the road wheel

Nov 27, 2008 | 1993 Ford Escort 4 Door

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Volvo S70 Logo

Related Topics:

108 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Volvo Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Volvo Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides