Interior lights stay on and go off when the door is opened. A/C condenser runs continually. Radio stopped working. Heater blows cold. Battery is good; radiator is good; now the mechanic wants to replace the ignition switch. Do you suspect any other possibilities?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: 1992 Buick Lesabre dies in the middle of driving
Besides the ignition, the only other thing I can think of, is that a ground wire from the battery to the body, engine block to battery, or the dash harness ground came loose or undone. That's all I can come up with from your descriptions. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. I really hope that you get out with a cheap repair. Best wishes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You clicked the always on switch or there is an earthing fault on one of the door switches. They normally just pull out. You should have no continuity when the switch is pressed and an open circuit when released. They are very simple switches.
I just posted my experience in another place on this site but on my 1992 PA the accessories relay stuck closed. This relay is the one that allows you to listen to the radio etc and keep things on until you open the door then all shuts off. When it is stuck closed accessories keep running until your battery drains dead. The relay was replaced and all worked great.
First of all, you had a short in the electric system that included your cigarette lighter. When you saw the spark, you saw the result of a short. What you are experiencing now is a bad ground in the system.
This is what we refer to as stray voltage, which is why your lights are staying on. This is not aa fuse problem. If you haven't unplugged your cigarette lighter, do so. You are going to need the services of an automotive electrian to solve this problem. The reason your cigarette lighter may have been unplugged is that someone else knew of the existing problem.