Question about 2005 Hyundai Sonata
Hi, I just got a remote starter installed by the dealer. What I have noticed and which somehow doesn't seem right is the following:
1) Locking the doors doesn't activate the kill switch which was functional with the original key fob.
2) When holding the "aux" button to open the truck, it 1st unlocks all the doors before releasing the trunk. This is not the case with the original fob.
3) No lights (parking or head lights) turn on when car is remotely started, or when doors are locked or unlocked. This doesn't seem normal to me.
4) With original key fob, I was able to leave the headlights on, and locking the doors would turn off the lights. This no longer happens.
What I have also noticed is that if I use the original key fob to lock the doors, the kill switch is activated and if I then use the remote starter to open the doors, it sets of the original alarm.
I get the feeling corners were cut during the install and that the wiring wasn't done properly. The only reason I had this done at the dealer is due to nervousness about warrently issues.
Before I soundoff at the dealer, could someone help us understatnd if this is normal behavior for the remote starter to function this way, or should the new remote work the same as the original key fob?
Thanx in advance for any info that can help me understand what I am dealing with here.
Hyundai santa fe locked system, locked gas tank, locks, can get in but stick is locked also in park
Posted on Feb 14, 2010
1) remote starter was not hooked up to the factory arm wire
2) trunk release was programmed to disarm factory alarm before popping trunk
3)parking light wire on remote starter was not hooked up
4)disarm wire from remote starter was not hooded up
5)this is not normal and they should fix the problem or have it done by some one else and have them pay for it, how much did they charge,
Bring it over I'll fix it right and not charge overpriced amount
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2016 | 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
Sep 15, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2014 | 2008 Saturn Astra XR
Mar 08, 2017 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Jan 05, 2011 | 2004 Lexus LS 430
Feb 17, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Colorado
Apr 05, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 08, 2008 | 2001 Pontiac Sunfire
Aug 18, 2008 | Hyundai Motor 1998 Accent
Aug 07, 2008 | 1999 Lincoln Navigator
1,648 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: